As a landlord or tenant, using a firm that's licensed by the NALS scheme has an awful lot to offer. Because of the strict criteria for licensing the NALS logo provides tenants and landlords with great peace of mind.
Any member of NALS has to meet to the following criteria:
- Have in place an insurance policy to pay to rectify mistakes in the unfortunate event that they occur (Professional Indemnity Insurance)
- Have a client account where money is held separately to the operating funds of the firm
- Be part of a Client Money Protection Scheme
- Commit to offer services to landlords and tenants meeting NALS Service Standards
- Have a written Customer Complaints Procedure which offers independent redress should any complaint from a landlord or tenant not be re-solved in-house
Be sure to look for the NALS licensed firm stamp which demonstrates that the firm is part of our Scheme.
What's involved in setting up a tenancy?