The National Approved Letting Scheme is a licensing scheme for lettings and management agents offering peace of mind to landlords and tenants.
Consumers using firms displaying the NALS logo can be reassured that they are dealing with a firm which agrees to meet defined standards of customer service, has in place the necessary insurances to protect clients' money plus a customer complaints procedure offering independent redress.
All NALS agents must meet the following criteria:
- Have current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Have a designated client account with the bank
- Be part of a Client Money Protection Scheme
- Commit to offer services to landlords and tenants meeting NALS Service Standards
- Have a written Customer Complaints Procedure which offers independent redress should any complaint from a landlord or tenant not be solved in-house
How can I find out more about the licensing procedure?
If you have a query regarding any aspect of the NALS licensing procedure email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 01242 581712
To check if an agent is part of the scheme click here
Download an application form and apply to become NALS licensed.