Become a NALS Firm
- Do you want to demonstrate to tenants and landlords that you are committed to the levels of customer service that you offer?
- Do you want your firm to be part of a Client Money Protection Scheme offering reassurance to landlords and tenants that their money is protected?
- Do you want to gain recognition by being registered with a respected, industry-wide licensing scheme for lettings and management agents?
- Do you want to access the benefits specially negotiated by NALS for our licensed firms?
- Do you want to be able to register with SAFEagent, the mark denoting firms are part of a Client Money Protection Scheme?
- Do you want to access online, low cost, quality training for you and your staff as well as NALS own accredited Award?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then read on, and find out everything you need to know about signing up to NALS.
Benefits of being NALS licensed
There are a huge number of fantastic benefits to becoming a NALS licensed firm.
By joining our Scheme you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to a free Legal Helpline operated by Woodstock Property Law specialising in landlord and tenant law
- Free Health & Safety and Employment Law advice with Peninsula, the UK’s Employment Law Specialists T: 0844 892 2772
- Preferential subscription rates with Tenancy Deposit Schemes
- Competitive rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance through NALS preferred provider Kerry London T: 0800 634 7384
- Regular Legislative Updates to your inbox
- Access to NALS Professional Development online courses for you and your employees
- NALS Promotional material and logo to promote your NALS licence
- NALS Conferences are held throughout the year providing you with the latest from the Private Rented Sector
- Access to the SAFEagent campaign
- Access to discounts with Local Authority Licensing Schemes
You’ll find, with all these extra benefits, that NALS offers exceptional value for money. Find out more about how to apply here.
How can your firm become NALS Licensed?
There are two routes to the NALS license:
The “affiliated” route
The “affiliated” route is where a firm has a principal, partner or director who is a member of ARLA, NAEA or RICS. If your firm belongs to any of these organisations, you simply need fill in the application form below.
NALS recognises the verification procedures your sponsoring organisation has already carried out, and that you will already be part of one of the existing Client Money Protection Schemes (and so, you do not have to contribute to the NALS Client Money Protection Scheme).
Where your firm has a principal, partner or director who is a member of ARLA, NAEA or RICS
The “non-affiliated” route
The “Non-affiliated” route is where a firm is not already part of any other organisation. The application process is still very straightforward, and we are here to help you at every step too.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com or call 01242 581712
When your firm is not part of any other organisation the application process is straightforward and we are here to assist you.
Costs of being NALS licensed
One-off administration fee
|Payable on submission of an application||£210||(£175+ VAT)|
|Single office firm
Each additional office pays £87 (incl. VAT)
Client Money Protection Contribution
|Type of deposit scheme:||Custodial||Insurance backed|
|Single office firm
Multi office firms with up to 8 offices – contribution rates are £280 and £425 respectively
|£235||£335||(no VAT payable)|
|Total Cost||£619||£719||(incl. VAT)|